The privacy of our customers, suppliers and contractors is of utmost importance to Redspot Car Rentals. When you rent a car from Redspot Car Rentals, we collect certain information directly from you to determine the terms and conditions of the Rental Agreement that should apply. We may also collect information indirectly through a travel agent, our marketing and promotion partner programs, credit card providers or credit reporting agencies.
The information includes all the personal details we require you to provide in Part A of the rental agreement. We may collect additional sensitive information such as your membership of a professional association in order to provide you with the correct discount for our services. You can choose not to provide some of your personal details but this may limit our ability to provide you with the level of service that we believe you would normally expect from us.
We may use your personal information for the purpose of:
- providing the service you have requested and for any other compatible purposes including the managing, improving and developing our business systems and improving our services, including conducting customer satisfaction surveys by phone or email to;
- direct marketing such as offering you products and services provided by us, by our associated enterprises, suppliers or insurer;
- to respond to legal requirements or claims (e.g. request from law enforcement agencies), enforce local policies, protect the rights, property, or safety or others.
We are likely to disclose some of your personal information, for the purposes described above, to Enterprise Holdings Inc and other Enterprise group companies in the United States. We do not require Enterprise to comply with Australian or New Zealand privacy principles. By providing your personal information to us, you consent to our disclosure of your personal information as set out above even though it may not receive the same protections that it would in Australia or New Zealand as applicable. You may request us not to transfer your personal information to Enterprise in the United States, but if you do so we may not be able to provide the services or products you have requested from us.
We may disclose your personal information to other related and non-related organisations such as:
- Licensees, agents and suppliers of Redspot Car Rentals.
- Your organisation if You use our services under a corporate account.
- Our reward program partners
- Our contracted service providers
- Credit card providers
- Credit reporting and fraud checking agencies
- Debt collection agencies, in the event of Your default in payment of monies owed to us
- City councils and government or private organisations responsible for the processing or handling of traffic related infringements
- Driver licensing authorities, and
- Government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies where the disclosure is required or authorised by law.
To insure that your personal information is kept secure and confidential and is used and disclosed in accordance with our policy we will restrict the handling of your personal information, only to persons authorised by us.
We may give you access to the personal information that we hold about you at any time except information related to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between us and you.
- When you request access to Your information You must first specify the information that You want access to, and provide further information to enable us to verify Your identity.
- You may make the request by phone or by email but if Your request requires us to access archived material or spend significant time in preparation or research, we will advise the likely cost in advance.
- If there are any changes or errors in the information you have provided, let us know and we will take all reasonable steps to correct the information.
If you have any concerns about how we handle your personal information or if you believe that we have handled your personal information inappropriately, feel free to contact The admin officer by post, phone or fax.
The Admin Officer.
Redspot Head Office Pty Ltd [ACN 607 643 416]
PO Box 886
Mascot NSW 1460
Phone: +61 2 8303 2222
Fax: +61 2 9690 1435